Bruce Jack's blog

A stream-of-my-thoughts blog. Whatever pops into my mind. I'm starting out in the world of (project) management, so there might be some posts about that too.

Monday, June 12, 2006

big brother might be watching

Don't forget that someone might look up your myspace or friendster account before they try to hire you. Could schools start doing this for applicants too?

This might be something to think about before posting that you like to get really drunk, or perhaps something worse.

It's not surprising that this is happening, but how many people going to get looked over because they like the Arctic Monkeys?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anthony said...

I don't want to sound like I am with Big Brother, but I agree that schools/jobs/potential friends should use it as part of the screening process if they so desire. It is simple enough to make an account “friends only” if you want to avoid embarrassment.

Also, regarding example you mentioned about drinking, an underage television actress almost lost her role when it was discovered she posted photos of herself drinking on her Myspace account.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willa_Holland#Controversy


Yes, posting this link does reveal I watch the O.C., but at least I don’t post that in my Myspace profile.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home